i-485 Instructions | i-485 Application
G*Law Defense is equipped to help people who wish to obtain an immigrant visa or want to settle legally and permanently in the United States through a permanent residence card (Green Card), or citizenship.
The legal permanent residence card in the United States is available to certain relatives of US citizens and residents by filing a petition for residence of beneficiary by family or marriage. This option is specifically available to spouses, spouse’s children, stepchildren, parents, and siblings of U.S. citizens.
The different types of permanent resident cards in the United States available are:
- Residency in the United States for employment
- Family-based residency petitions
- Petitions for residency based on marriage
- Immigration benefits for your same-sex spouse
At G*Law Defense we work together with our clients and their families to ensure that their residency application is submitted efficiently, identifying, and minimizing the obstacles that may arise throughout the process.
Start by reviewing the USCIS I-485 instruction form and ensure that you are eligible to apply. For a free consultation, contact one of our attorneys directly, or fill out a contact us form. SE HABLA ESPANOL.
If you want to visit the United States for a period of more than 90 days, and then return to your home country, you can apply for a visitor’s visa to enter the country legally.
An applicant must complete an online application and pay a visa application fee. An immigration attorney can facilitate this process. The applicant must then appear for a visitor’s visa interview at the embassy or consulate of their home country.
During the interview, an official from the US embassy will meet with the applicant to ask him/her questions about the reason and purpose of the trip. If the immigration officer believes that the applicant has sufficient ties to his or her home country and will leave the United States at the designated time, the officer may issue a visitor’s visa. It is advisable to have an immigration attorney help the applicant with the preparation of the application and the interview.
Requirements checklist for a visa application?
- Valid passport – If you have been previously approved for a US visa, the passport should display the expired visa or that it is about to expire. Also, your passport must still be valid for at least another 6 months.
- Digital Photo – The photo must meet all the guidelines required for a passport-style photo. For example, it must be a recent photo, taken on a white background.
- Email address – This email must be spelled correctly and must be accessible to the applicant.
- Payment methods – Payment for the application can be made by credit or debit card.
- Additional Information – The immigration officer may require additional supporting documents (example: travel insurance, banking information, etc.).
For a free consultation, contact one of our attorneys directly, or fill out a contact us form. SE HABLA ESPANOL.